In the guide: Claiming business travel expenses we looked at what a business journey is and how you can legitimately claim for it. But how do you claim for subsistence expenses and what are the options available to contractors?
In this follow-on guide we look at:
- claiming for subsistence expenses
- when and how you can claim for actual expenditure
- what scale rates are
- how does the ‘scales rate’ system work
- when the use of scale rates is not allowed
- the records you’ll need to keep as a Limited Company contractor
- what happens when you’re away on business overnight
- whether you need to report incidental overnight claims
Download the full guide: Subsistence claims for contractors to understand exactly what you can claim for, how to go about doing so and in a compliant manner.