Changes to dividends.
In April 2016 new rules will come into force surrounding dividends. A new tax-free Dividend Allowance will replace the Dividend Tax Credit. Headline rates of dividend tax are also changing. These changes will affect anyone who receives dividend payments.
This ebrief explores:
- what is a dividend?
- the current dividend taxation rules
- the new rules from 6 April 2016
- what this actually means and the new rates for those within the basic rate tax band; the higher rate tax band; and additional rate tax
- why the changes are happening
- suggestions for what you should do
Make the most of your dividends. Download our ebrief: Changes to dividends: what do they mean for you? to be clear on where you stand.